The YWCA’s Prevention and Empowerment Services seek to provide individuals and the community with evidenced-based approaches to prevent domestic abuse and sexual assault. This is accomplished by
- providing young people with a curriculum that empowers them to make informed decisions about their lives, relationships, and communities;
- empowering young women to see themselves as leaders in creating change;
- engaging community systems that have the power to create change;
- hosting community awareness events and initiatives;
- and working to examine and promote policies that aim to prevent violence before it occurs.
For more information on Prevention and Empowerment Services, call (616) 459-4681 or email firstname.lastname@example.org