Technology (These items can create both emotional and physical safety for survivors.)
- Indoor wifi home security cameras (plug-in)
- Door stoppers (with alarm)
- Send these items as a gift to YWCA West Central Michigan ATTN: Advancement (25 Sheldon Avenue SE, Grand Rapids MI, 49503) and we will send you a donation receipt.
- Rubbing alcohol
- Gloves (for cleaning)
- Spray bottles
- Multi-purpose cleaners
- Lysol/Clorox type of wipes
Bare Necessities (New, unopened/ unused items only please.)
- African American hair products
- Travel sized toothpaste
- Cleansing wipes for face/body
- Razors/shaving foam
- Shower gel
- Towels, wash cloths
- Underwear (all sizes)
- Socks (adult sizes)
- Gas gift cards ($15 and $20 increments please)
- Gift cards ($10 increments please) for Jimmy John’s, Subway, McDonald’s, and Meijer (Given to survivors staying in area hotels when our domestic abuse shelter is full.)
Welcome Home Kits
- Handheld can openers
- Dish soap/ Dishwasher soap
- Bath towels
- Twin-size sheet sets
- Twin-size, waterproof mattress pads
- Twin-size, full-encasement mattress protectors (allergen-, bedbug-, and waterproof)
- Baby lotion/ powder/ wash
- Diaper rash ointment
- Gentle laundry soap
- Teething gel
- Baby wash cloths
- Burp cloths
- Diapers (sizes 4, 5, and 6)
- Pack-n-play sheets
Give A Kid A Smile
- Educational workbooks
- Developmental toys
- Washable paints (tempera, aka poster board paint; finger paint)
- Dolls (all ethnicities)
- Action figures
Calling all cell phones!
You can turn your old, unwanted cell phone into greatly needed financial support for domestic violence and sexual assault victims cared for by the YWCA West Central Michigan.
Please take a minute to check your desk drawers and closets, then drop off your unused phones at the YWCA. (8:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday).
The YWCA will resell the phones to a refurbishing and recycling partner. The proceeds will be used to take care for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault here in our community.
Newer (less than 5 years old), smaller, digital handsets have greater value. Older, larger, analog phones have less or no value. Batteries ARE accepted, but unfortunately we CANNOT take other accessories such as transformers, charging bases, cigarette plugs, earpieces, or manuals.
Not only do these gifts help victims of violence within our own community, they also strengthen communications within developing nations and help the environment.