Thanks for your interest in nominating an exceptional woman! We were so happy with the exceptional candidates that were submitted this year!
The nomination process for 2020 has closed.
Please use the online form to submit information about the person you are nominating. The nomination includes the form as well as a written nominee profile (up to two pages).
Due to the virtual event format, there will be two awards presented this year: the Tribute Award and the Rising Tribute Award for a woman under age 40 or with less than 15 years in their field. This is a change from categories in past years.
Nomination deadline: Thursday, August 13, 2020 at 5:00 pm. No late nominations will be considered.
ONLINE TRIBUTE NOMINATION Q&A
Tuesday July 28, 12:00 pm
Click here to view the Q&A.
Note: You do not need to have a Facebook account to view the Q&A.
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR NOMINATION
In up to two pages, describe how the nominee reflects and impacts the YWCA’s values. The YWCA’s mission is “eliminating racism; empowering women and girls; promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all.” Describe how she has demonstrated these values, providing specific examples.
Things to consider as you write the profile: How has your nominee demonstrated an effective ability to strengthen the position of women, girls, or populations that are traditionally marginalized/underserved? How do these populations benefit from such empowerment? Why is it important? How has your nominee and their efforts encouraged our community to be more inclusive and accepting? Has your nominee reached out to others beyond her own community?
- The Selection Committee will be evaluating nominees on how they reflect the components of the YWCA’s mission. Explicitly identifying these values in your submission will allow them to score your candidate as positively as possible.
- The complete nominee profile may not be more than two one-sided pages. Any pages beyond that will not be considered.
- Do not assume Selection Committee members know your nominee. Your nomination is the only item the Selection Committee considers in its decision-making process. Do not submit any other documents or links, as they will not be shared.
- Multiple nominations for the same person will be reviewed and evaluated separately. Only one person may be nominated per form.
- You may want to consult with others, even your nominee, to be sure you are including a comprehensive view of her activities and accomplishments.
- Resubmissions of past nominees are accepted, but it is highly recommended the nomination be updated.
- Self-nominations, nominations for current YWCA board members/staff, or previous Tribute Award recipients cannot be accepted. Click here for a list of current board members and click here for a list of previous honorees.
- Nominees may be any individual who identifies as female.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or 616.426.3717.