What is the Healthy Relationships Class?
Healthy Relationships is a FREE 8 week class about relationships and sexual health for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have experienced adult or childhood sexual assault. The Healthy Relationships group will give you tools and skills to be safe and happy in your relationships.
Why should I join?
- Meet new people
- Practice communication skills
- Play games
- Learn new safety skills
- Free Rapid and Go!Bus tickets
When is the Healthy Relationships Group?
Healthy Relationships Group happens multiple times a year. You can sign up for the class that is most convenient for you. Here are the dates for the next class:
- Spring 2022 Class: Enrollment Closed for Spring 2022
- Mondays and Wednesdays, meets on Zoom from 4- 5:30 pm March 7th- April 27th
- Fall 2022 Classes (Please be aware that due to upcoming staff leave, you may not be contacted regarding fall signup until August 2022.)
- Mondays and Wednesdays: Meets in person at the YWCA from 4-6 pm, September 12th- November 2nd
- Thursdays: Meets on Zoom from 11-12:30 pm, September 1st- November 17th
Who can sign up for Healthy Relationships?
Men and women (all genders) with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are 16 and older. This group welcomes people of any race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Where is the Healthy Relationships Group?
In-person class: YWCA West Central Michigan (25 Sheldon Ave SE, Grand Rapids, MI)
Online class: Zoom platform
How can I get there?
FREE Rapid and GO!Bus tickets can be provided when needed.
What will I learn about?
- Trust & Safety
- Feelings & Self-Care
- Relationship Boundaries
- Respectful touch
- Healthy & Unhealthy Relationships
- Dating Violence
- Internet & Phone Safety
- Private Body Parts
- Sexual Health
Contact Michelle for more information & to sign up:
Michelle Bickford, LMSW
Healthy Relationships Facilitator
& WEAVE Program Manager
When can I sign up?
Sign up today! You can contact Michelle year-round to learn about the Healthy Relationships groups. The sign-up form (electronic and print versions) is below.