UPDATE: Beginning fall 2021 Healthy Relationships will be offered in two separate formats. One option will be in-person at YWCA West Central Michigan and the second option will be virtual, using the Zoom platform.
Please contact Michelle Bickford at email@example.com with any questions.
What is the Healthy Relationships Class?
Healthy Relationships is a FREE 8 week class about relationships and sexual health for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who have experienced adult or childhood sexual assault. The Healthy Relationships group will give you tools and skills to be safe and happy in your relationships.
Why should I join?
- Meet new people
- Practice communication skills
- Play games
- Learn new safety skills
- Free Rapid and Go!Bus tickets
When is Healthy Relationships Group?
Healthy Relationships Group happens multiple times a year. You can sign up for the class that is most convenient for you. Here are the dates for the next class:
- Fall 2021 Classes:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, meets in-person from 4-6 pm from September 13th- November 3rd ***class full
- Thursdays, meets on Zoom from 11-12:30 pm September 16th- November 18th ***class full
- Winter 2022 Classes:
- Mondays and Wednesdays, meets in-person from 4-6 from January 3rd- February 23rd (space is limited to allow for social distancing)
- Thursdays, meets on Zoom from 11-12:30 pm January 13th- March 31st
Who can sign up for Healthy Relationships?
Men and women (all genders) with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are 16 and older. This group welcomes people of any race, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, and sexual orientation.
Where is the Healthy Relationships Group? In-person class- YWCA West Central Michigan, 25 Sheldon Ave SE Grand Rapids, MI Online class- Zoom platform
How can I get there?
FREE Rapid and GO!Bus tickets can be provided when needed.
What will I learn about?
- Trust & Safety
- Feelings & Self-Care
- Relationship Boundaries
- Respectful touch
- Healthy & Unhealthy Relationships
- Dating Violence
- Internet & Phone Safety
- Private Body Parts
- Sexual Health
Contact Michelle for more information & to sign up:
Michelle Bickford, LMSW
Healthy Relationships Facilitator
& WEAVE Program Manager
When can I sign up?
Sign up today! You can contact Michelle year-round to learn about the Healthy Relationships groups.