Security Specialist, Part-time
The YWCA West Central Michigan, an organization committed to empowering women, promoting diversity, and advocating for justice and equity is seeking a part-time Security Specialist to join our Facilities team. The hiring range is $17.41 to $20 per hour dependent on experience. This role ensures the safety and security of the facility.
WHO WE ARE
YWCA Mission: Eliminating Racism; Empowering Women and Girls; Promoting Peace, Justice, Freedom, and Dignity for All
Where racism and sexism give rise to domestic and sexual violence, the YWCA transforms lives with expert services for victims, education to end those things that fuel abuse, and public policy that translates our mission into law.
Provide and maintain a safe atmosphere for all employees, guests, and clients.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Monitors surveillance cameras and inspects the property.
- Enforces YWCA policy and procedures.
- Contacts law enforcement or fire department in case of an emergency.?
- Responds to incidents within the building.
- Provide Employees escorts to their vehicles upon request.
- Greets and welcomes guests and clients.
- Interacts with vendors, contractors, employees, and clients.
- Documents events or occurrences while on shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent level of education and training.
- Ability to remain calm in high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to enter and retrieve data using computer systems, systems applications, and other office equipment.
- Physically able to: climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, walk, stand, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, see, and type.
- Medium work involving movement and exertion of up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently for purposes of lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects.
- Indoor/outdoor working conditions exist in all four seasons.
- Conditions are subject to occasional exposure to agitated or threatening individuals.
- This is a part-time, hourly position.
- The YWCA seeks to reflect the diverse community it serves and be a welcoming, inclusive space for all. Applicants from diverse experiences, backgrounds, and identities are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your cover letter and resume to the address below by Friday, January 6 2022 (5:00 pm). Be sure to clearly and specifically outline how your experience will help make this position successful. We will confirm receipt of applications.
Submit cover letter and resume to:
ATTN: Devin Greene, Faculties Manager
YWCA West Central Michigan
25 Sheldon Avenue, SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49503