Housing Support Specialist
The YWCA West Central Michigan currently has the following position available:
Housing Support Specialist Project HEAL
Salary $36,200 – $40,719
The YWCA West Central Michigan – an organization committed to empowering women, promoting diversity, and advocating for justice and equality – is looking for a full time (40 hours per week) Housing Support Specialist in our supportive housing program.
Where racism and sexism give rise to domestic and sexual violence, the YWCA transforms lives with expert services for victims, education to end those things that fuel abuse, and public policy that translates our mission into law. Our community and many others have generously invested in the YWCA’s work. We share a vision of a world where all people are safe, fully respected, and equally afforded the dignity inherent in each person’s humanity.
General Summary of Responsibilities
Under general supervision, provides advocacy and case management services to domestic violence survivors in Project HEAL, the YWCA’s Transitional Supportive Housing Program, with the goal of empowering individuals to live free of violence and achieve independence, economic self-sufficiency and safe housing.
- Bachelor’s degree in human service or related field or high school diploma and minimal three years’ experience working with domestic violence, and/or home intervention programs.
- Exhibit working knowledge of computer applications, particularly Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and exhibit ability to utilize electronic case management system.
- Excellent assessment, organizational, listening, empathy and problem-solving skills required.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills and be able to communicate with individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to convey, endorse and implement the guidelines, policies and/or procedures of the Supportive Housing Program and YWCA West Central Michigan.
- Must have access to and willingness to use personal transportation for business purposes, with compensation as allowed by policy and the ability to be qualified as an approved driver for the YWCA.
- Knowledge of housing resources and bilingual abilities a plus.
This is a full-time position.
- Benefits include medical, dental and life insurance, paid vacation and sick leave.
- The YWCA seeks to reflect the diverse community it serves, and be a welcoming, inclusive space for all. Applicants from diverse experiences, backgrounds, and identities are encouraged to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your cover letter and resume by USPS, fax, or email as listed below. Be sure to clearly outline specifically how your experience will help make this position successful.
Submit resume by 5:00 PM, Friday July 1st.
YWCA West Central Michigan
25 Sheldon Boulevard SE
Grand Rapids MI 49503
The YWCA West Central Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.