Crisis Services Facilitator – Full Time and Part Time Needed
The YWCA West Central Michigan, an organization committed to eliminating racism, empowering women and girls, and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all, is looking for a full time and a part time Crisis Services Facilitator, hours include day, evenings and possibly weekends.
$15.00 – $16.50 an hour (dependent on experience), $16.35 – 18.00 an hour if bilingual in Spanish
The YWCA West Central Michigan is a place of hope, healing, and renewal. We believe that achieving economic, social and political empowerment for all women is inextricably linked to eliminating racism and achieving an equal, just, and sustainable society. We envision a community that embraces diversity, creates a safe and empowering environment for all women and children, and celebrates peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all people. The YWCA West Central Michigan will be a leader in building and sustaining that community, working to empower women and girls by eliminating racism, confronting the issues of relationship and sexual violence, and addressing social, political and economic inequities.
We are fortunate to have a corps of committed and passionate staff and volunteers dedicated to working together to achieve positive outcomes for the people and communities we serve. We want to create an environment where people come not only to work, but to learn and connect in support of a shared mission. We need a highly organized, energetic, skilled person with a heart for collaboration to support this work.
General Summary of Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Program Director of Domestic Violence Crisis Services, the individual in this position will be responsible for responding to crisis calls and assuring house maintenance and security. This is a casual position, number of hours varies, but is primarily weekends and holidays.
Candidates must have the following minimum requirements:
- High school diploma. Additional experience in human or social services, particularly with regard to knowledge of domestic violence and child abuse, is preferred.
- Valid MI Driver’s license
- Access to reliable transportation
- First Aid/CPR certificates (or obtain certification within 30 days of hire)
- Experience working with diverse populations, be a “self-starter”, and possess excellent record-keeping, customer service, written and oral communication and organization skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office computer applications required
- Bilingual is a plus
Submit resumes via e-mail to:
Senior Director of Residential Services
The YWCA West Central Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.